Food Security Links and Information

Missoula Food Bank

Information on current food bank operations is online. 

MCPS meal assistance

All Missoula County Public Schools meals will be provided free of charge to all students through the end of the school year. 

  • Grab and go meals will include breakfast along with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or a deli sandwich option.
  • Grab and go meals are available at each school site to:
    -Students on remote learning days (including Mondays)
    -Students attending the MCPS Online Academy
    -Any youth under 18 - even homeschooled and private school students
    -Anyone can pick up meals on behalf of a student. 

More details are online.

SNAP and WIC benefits

SNAP information and eligibility

Double SNAP Dollars (DSD)

SNAP recipients can double their SNAP dollars up to $20/day ($40 total) at three locations in Missoula County. Simply visit the farmers market booth, swipe your EBT card and receive SNAP and Double SNAP Dollars tokens. Double SNAP Dollars (DSD) can be used toward locally grown fruits, vegetables, herbs, plant starts and seeds from farmers market vendors at:

For more information on how the program works, locations and more, visit the Double SNAP Dollars website or, call the Community Food and Agriculture Coalition (CFAC) at 406-926-1625.

WIC information and eligibility

WATCH: Food Security Task Force works to make sure all residents have access to healthy, affordable meals

Missoula Aging Services: Meals on Wheels

Information about current Meals on Wheels and other community services is online.

Missoula Senior Center

The Missoula Senior Center has grab-and-go lunches available from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 705 S. Higgins Ave. Prices vary. 

Garden City Harvest

Garden City Harvest continues working to get fresh local food to Missoula County residents while adhering to current social and physical distancing guidelines to help protect the health and well-being of all program participants. 

Community gardens: Garden City Harvest manages 10 community gardens around town where Missoulians rent plots to grow their own food. Garden City Harvest provides tools, water, soil amendments, and educational assistance along the way. Great for first time gardeners and those who have been gardening all their lives. GCH offers scholarships and payment options for gardeners in need. Learn more and apply.

CSA farm shares: Garden City Harvest grows and harvests fresh produce at four neighborhood farms, and members come to the farm each week of the season to pick it up in the open air of the farm. The CSA runs from June to October. In response to COVID-19 layoffs and closures, GCH is increasing its scholarships and has added payment options for our CSA farm shares.

UM Emergency Student Support Fund

UM and the UM Foundation have established the Emergency Student Support Fund to help enrolled students meet their basic needs, including food assistance, by alleviating unexpected financial hardship created by the COVID-19 pandemic. Students may apply for assistance via the Office of Student Affairs website. All resources offered through the fund are made available by generous donations from family, friends and alumni of the University of Montana. Those community members interested in helping students in need may give online by visiting


AniMeals is a pet food bank available to anyone in need, and there are currently no qualifying requirements to receive help with pet food. Anyone that needs help with pet food can stop from 2 to 4 p.m. any day of the week at 1700 Rankin St., or call 721-4710. AniMeals will collect basic information about the owners and their pets, and owners can return weekly if needed. 

Helpful links